Friday, April 24, 2009

I was supposed to do that?

I am a self proclaimed good cook. I love to cook food. I love baking, I love frying, I love it all. I take pride in being pretty good at what I do and I usually don't mess up recipes. That is until the fateful Rotisserie chicken came into my life yesterday...

I decided I was going to make a rotisserie chicken... I got all the stuff I needed for the sides and everything. I seasoned the bird and then placed it in our little rotisserie machine thingy (hey I claimed to be good at cooking not at the technical terms ok?) Well about 2 hours into it I am on the phone with my cousin and telling her about the AMAZING job I did and how yummy it smells.

She says "How do you do that? I hate it! I can't stick my hand inside of a dead chicken to get the giblets out..."

Me:"Ummm what giblets??"
Her:"You know the ones that come inside of it. some people eat them I don't. But you have to take them out either way"
ME:"Ummm can you hang on a sec?"
Her:"Yea why?? Whats wrong?"
Me: "Oh nothing" As I am fumbling with our oven gloves to get the chicken off of the rotisserie thing...
Me:"Uh ohh,,, OOPs"
I pick up the phone and she says:"You didn't take the giblets out did you?"
Me:"I didn't even know they had giblets... what are giblets?"
Her:"They organs I think."
Me:"Do you think it will be ok if we eat the chicken still? I took em out now."
Her:"I dont know..."

At this point Brandon walks in and says "mmmmm dinner smells good"
I try to play it off with him and tell him all about my preparations...
He of course said what did you do with the stuff that comes inside?
I said "Umm well..."
Brandon:"YOu did take them out right?"
Me:"I was suuposed to do that? Are you sure? I mean really who would think to stick their hand inside of that chicken to get stuff out?? Isn't that why we buy them already ready??? So we don't have to do disgusting stuff like that?"
Brandon:"Babe you truly are special... So where are we ordering from?"
Me:"Ill get the stuff to make some fajitas..."

Needless to say the next time I will check for the insides YUCK!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I was somewhat decent at cooking. I do make a mean grilled cheese if I do say so myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I am so sorry, I love you to death, but I am laughing SO hard. I could just picture it! HEHE At least next time you know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER would have knew that either!! Then again I probably wouldn't be as brave to cook this in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This reminds me of the first time my sister-in-law made a chicken. There were still a few feathers attached and the look on her face was priceless when she realized she had to pluck them. She made the chicken, but she refused to eat it. She says that having to pluck a chicken has scarred her for life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to call it my life lesson for the week. Brandon still laughs at me...

    ReplyDelete