Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life as an Army wife???

After yesterdays blog about our stupid argument I found out some interesting News. My hubby-to-be may be re-enlisting into the Army. He just got out last June and didn't want to re-enlist right away. Last night it became clear the he may be doing so right after our wedding.

It scares me. It excites me. It confuses me. But I support his decision no matter what it is. When we first started dating*a year ago today* he was in the army. But army life as a girlfriend and as a wife are different in most aspects. I didn't have to survive through a deployment. I didn't have to worry about him calling me because I saw hime when I wanted and talked to him when I wanted.

This all took me by surprise because I was under the impression that i was never going to happen. Any Army wives reading this?? If so got any advice for me???

2 comments:

  1. Advice? Let's see. First things first, take a deep breath. Life as an Army wife isn't easy, but then again, who's life is easy all the time? My husband has been in the Army for 3 years now. We are currently on our first deployment. He has now been gone for 9 months and will be gone for a few more. When you look at it, it sounds like a long time to be apart from your hubby, but looking back at the last 9 months, it doesn't seem that long. The time actually flies by. It is a very rewarding life style. I have made so many friends all over the country. Friends that I know understand. Friends that I know I can turn to for anything. Army wives, in my experience, are some of the most caring and giving people that I know. Having a strong support system both within the Army and the civilian worlds is the most important thing. I'm not going to lie and say that I never worry about my husband or that I never cry and throw myself a pity party, but if that is what it takes to build a life with him, then that is what I will do. At first, it is really overwhelming, but once you get used to the acronyms and life as a "dependent" it just becomes normal life. It isn't the life that I ever pictured for myself - I actually broke up with my hubby when we were 18 because I knew that he was going to join the Army, and I didn't want to deal with all of that-, but I wouldn't change a minute of my life with him (and the Army) for a life without him (and the Army).

    Thanks for the add! Let me know if you have any questions or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I'm an army girlfriend and I'm currently going through a deployment. It's hard, you have your good days and your bad BUT in the end it can really make your relationship stronger. As long as your support him you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete