Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Are you serious right now?

I'm not naive nor am I dumb. I know that relationships aren't perfect and I know there are going to be some stupid arguments... But does every single time we make plans with a certain friend have to be one of them?

Heres my case:

Brandon texts me to say "Hey Shahab wants to hang out this weekend. He wants to go out to dinner and then maybe get some drinks afterwards."
Me:"Ok that sounds good."
Brandon:"We can all three go to dinner and then you can go home and I'll hang out with him. I would love for you to come if you want to though"
Me:"OK? That made no sense... if you wanted me to come with why would you tell me I could go home after dinner?"
Brandon:" I Knew you wouldn't want to stay out all night."
Me:"Why do we have to stay out ALL night? Does that mean that you are staying the night there?"
Brandon:"We dont have to stay out all night if its going to be a problem. Ill just come home."
Me:"I never said that it was a problem I just didn't understand why I couldn't drive us home when everyone was ready to end the evening."
Brandon:"Why does this have to be an issue?"
Me:"This isn't an issue I am just trying to figure out what you are talking about."
Brandon:"We don't have to just forget it. We'll come home."
Me:"Brandon! What is your problem? I mean seriously right now? I just wanted to know why you were planning on staying the night I didn't care if you did I just wanted to know why."
Brandon:"I don't have to. I just wanted to. Its fun."
Me:"Ok then stay the night. Thats fine really. I don't care"
Brandon:"I said I wasn't going to stay the night."
Me:"Ok then don't stay the night. I don't care what you do I was only asking."
Brandon:"I have stayed it his house before and it was fun. I like going there and not having worrying about having somewhere else to be."
Me:"What the hell are you talking about now?"
Brandon:"I just don't want to have to be home by a certain time."
Me:"Have I ever given you a curfew? What are you five? I mean really grow up!"
Brandon:"I just don't want to feel like I have to be home early."
Me:"Brandon are you really being serious right now? I have NEVER told you, you had to be home by a certain time. I mean really. Stop being stupid about it."
Brandon:"There are going to be times I just want to go out without you."
Me:"OOOOH OMG are F-ing kidding me? I never ever make you take me anywhere. I like going out with my friends too remember?? When have I EVER told you that you couldnt? have I ever made you feel like you HAD to take me? "
Brandon:"No im just saying... I just want to hang out and chill. I want you to come though."
Me:"Are you drunk right now?? Do you even think about what you're saying??? Please leave me alone until you grow up a little."
Brandon:" I don't have to go out and get drunk I was just gonna go out with him. he wanted you to come too we just didn't think you'd want to..."
Me:" I am not having this conversation right now. Actually Im not having it ever again it is soooo stupid. I dont care if you go out or stay out or come home or whatever. DO what you want. I am not going because you have completely ruined the idea for me. Something I usually enjoy would now suck because you have Mind f*cked me over this whole conversation."


I mean this is literally how our conversation went I typed it word for word... Something that should have been fun for both of us turned into something stupid...

No comments:

Post a Comment