Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sure go ahead and tell me what you think...

Have you ever noticed how many people there are that are so willing to tell you what they think you should be doing as opposed to what you are doing? I have and I have to tell you it's ANNOYING!

Ever since I became engaged and started planning our wedding (notice the italic font on our) everyone and their mother seems to think that its ok to voice their usually obnoxious and unwelcomed opinion. I usally here things like "Oh gosh! You're so young! You should wait." Or "Do you even know how to run a household?" to which I usually reply "Well you're absolutely right! Ha! What was I thinking? I mean geeze I'm only 23 years old and have a one year old, but you're right... I've never washed a single dish, done a load of laundry or paid a single bill by myself. " To which people usually say "Really?" And I at that point want to slap them and all the while I'm thinking "What the bubble? Really?? Of course I've done dishes and paid bills and don't even get me started on the freaking laundry!" I may be no Betty homemaker but I have and can run my own freaking household!

I can not stnad how every single ( and I mean the ones who aren't married) all of a sudden want to tell me how stupid it is to have a big wedding. I am normally thinking in the back of my mind that they are jealous. Or the married ones who think that I should for some ungodly reason mimic everything they did for their wedding. Sure I'd love to have my bridesmaids wear big fluffy cupcake thingys and wear bonnets they'd love that! Gag me! PLEASE! I get even more frustrated when I say "Oh I like this idea" and someone immediately says "No you don't!" Well yes, yes I do actually but thank you for telling what to think. Don't get me wrong sometimes advice is welcomed and appreciated but I'll ask for it when I need it. Until then SHUT THE BUBBLE UP! (Please ignore any and all uses of the word bubble. I am currently displacing all curse words in my vocabulary with it as my one year old is now picking up EVERYTHING we say.)

Another point is when I allow my son to have anything with sugar in it and all of a sudden some sugar nazi comes out and thinks that this is for some reason supposed to be forbidden. I was cruising through the mall with my tot in his stroller and let him have a sip of a frozen lemonade that I had, and this total stranger looks at me and says "I don't think he should have that."
I think I must have almost choked or something because she looked baffled at the shock on my face as I mustered out the words "Who the hell are you?"
She must have got the point because she apologized and then proceeded to say she would never let her kids have sugar so young. Well thank you lady I totally needed your advice to get me through this thing called parenting. RIGHT!

If I weren't such a bubbly person usually I think it would be so much easier to snap peoples heads off but it isn't that easy for me. I find it more and more difficult everyday to tell people off even when I know they totally deserve it. So from now on I am just going to smile and tilt my head and say "Sure go ahead and tell me what you think..." All the while knowing that I will have something witty to say right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment