Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Did I mention I have more blonde moments than Barbie?


Now I never claimed to be Albert Einstein. I don't think that I am dumb either. I do however, have more blonde moments than Barbie... I will explain.

As I was riding along with my loved ones into Washington, D.C. we passed the Jefferson Memorial. You know, the one that is standing up?? Well I look over and in all seriousness say "Hmm. I didn't realize they made Lincoln stand up." My boyfriend (at the time) with a dumbfounded expression looks at me and says "Shay... thats the Jefferson memorial, not the Lincoln." Everyone cracks up at me and all I can think of to say is "So you mean that poor man is still sitting?"

When having a serious discussion about capitals and things of that nature I make the comment... "Whats the capital of Chicago?" no one even takes the time to respond until my 8 year old cousin says... "Chicago isn't a state! And it isn't even the Capital of Illinois." Ok point taken...

I am one of the only people who will run into a chair and apologize to it. I run into Glass doors ALL the time.

Some people would be embarrassed but it makes me who I am... and what can I say? People love me.

2 comments:

  1. We must have been separated at birth or something. I am a walking, living blonde moment. I once asked my husband's friend if his American flag was outdated, because it only had 50 stars on it. But I love hearing about other people's moments of stupidity, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad there is someone else who has these. I thought there were 51 states until my fiance told me I was wrong and even went so far as to prove it.

    ReplyDelete