Monday, July 13, 2009

Yep that pretty much explains it.

I recently ran across a blogger that posted about being a southerner at heart. I couldn't help but add to her post you can find hers here,

Here are my reasons I am a southerner at heart:

I love, love, love Sweet sweet iced tea. I prefer it over any other drink.

I hate snow. Ok I don't hate it but I prefer that it only sticks around for a short time.

I love southern values. In the south family is most important and old fashioned values are basically how I was raised.

I don't mind the heat. Now at night time I love me some A.C. but during the day I love being outside in the sun.

I say y'all. ALL. THE. FREAKIN. TIME.

I think that southern hospitality and the manners most southerners possess are absolutely perfect!

I absolutely adore! the charming southern places. Especially South Carolina and Georgia!

I love down home foods like collard greens and fried chicken. I don't care if fried chicken is bad for you. Give me some thick gravy to go with it! MMMMMM!!

I know Virginia is kind of on the fence but the way I was brought up was nothing above being southern.

2 comments:

  1. Oklahoma is not technically the "south" but i've always considered myself a southern girl -- and your great list is my proof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ReRe...just b/c I'm in Oklahoma doesn't mean I don't share some of those same values. I am an exception to the rule when it comes to sayin' "Ya'll" or "Fixin' to". Those words I just can't make myself say. =/

    Fried Chicken with white gravy is making me foam at the mouth! Sounds so delish!!

    ReplyDelete