Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And thank you for the Wonderful news!

I'll start by saying that yesterday was a rough day. Simple as that.

Brandon and I were on two different roads with everything. Jonathan was grouchy. I felt out of sorts and I was just beat.

I wake up this morning more tired than usual and get to work. Everything is normal at first. I called my doctor to schedule my annual OBGYN appointment (oh man i really love the people at THAT clinic *total sarcasm*) Anyways the nurse says "When was your last menstrual period?"

I look at my calendar and tell her "April 6th." She says "Uhh you do realize you are 23 days late right?" Me "Well yes but thats because I was on birth control and stopped taking it because I couldn't get rid of my migraines." Her:"Ok hold on I am going to get the doctor."

Doctor:"Hi shay how are you? How is Jonathan?"
Me:"We're good now what do you want?"
D:"Well since you haven't had your period in over a month going on two I'd like to ask a few questions."
ME:"I knew I shouldn't have called." and I laugh nervously.
D:" Have you been experiencing any odd symptoms like nausea, are you dizzy, fatigued, irritable, have you had heartburn or frequent urination."
Me:"Well yea, I mean I have a son and from what I hear they can also be the cause of dizziness(SP?) and fatigue and I am pretty sure the lack of any personal time can cause irritability. I mean for gods sake I went to get a hot bath and a freakin t-rex toy attacked me. I'm pretty sure he was trying to eat me!. And Heartburn well I don't know where the H that came from but it hasn't gone away in 2 weeks so yea."

D: Laughing at me at this point because as he said the t-rex cracked him up... Tells me "I think you should take a pregnancy test. If you would like to wait just wait until Tuesday and we will do it here."

Me:" Well alright then! You know you'd think after 26 months of dealing with you I would find you to be a little more comforting. but you aren't. you kind of suck at the comforting part."

D:"HAHA. I am going to take that as a compliment. No I want you to relax and rest. the nurse told me you have been being weak and not feeling a hundred percent. Are you eating right and sleeping ok?"

Me:"Do you really have to ask questions with obvious answers?"
D:"Ok I will see you tuesday."
Me:"Thanks for the wonderful news!"

Now just a little back ground info. this doctor is the same doctor who delivered Jonathan and who put me on bed rest at 27 weeks. And who loved picking on me whenever given the chance. So he understands my sarcasm and I understand his urge to irritate me. But seriously... lol

So until tuesday I will be freaking out about whether or not I am carrying a baby bean in me and now also freaking out about why my P hasn't shown up since April. I mean that Aunt flo can be a real biatch! I know that getting off of birth control could have cause it to take a vacay. But the fact that the Dr is freaking me out isn't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment